6 Things You Can Do to Turbocharge Your Website in 2015
Thinking it would be great to get more customers from your website in 2015, or that you haven’t been making the most of Internet marketing opportunities?
You certainly aren’t alone – this is the time of year when we receive a particularly high volume of calls from business owners, managers, and executives who are looking forward to bigger things. In the course of our initial consultations, there is usually a handful of common recommendations we are able to make and get started with.
Here are six things you can do to turbocharge your website and turn it into a marketing machine in 2015 and beyond:
1. Give your website a fresh layout. If your website is more than a few years old, the chances are good it could use a fresh look. This isn’t just about sprucing up your pages, though; you can also add a simpler navigation structure and new pages or features at the same time. The current trend is simple, clean and elegant. Is your site on trend?
2. Freshen up your content. You’d be amazed at how many companies have web content that’s out of date or that refers to employees who are no longer in the building, products that are no longer sold, and specials or calendar items that have long passed. Adding some fresh content fixes these errors, of course, but also helps with branding, sales, and search engine optimization.
3. Make sure your website design is mobile ready. In some industries mobile web traffic accounts for half of all visits to the average website. Be sure your website loads, navigates, and your visitors can “surf” whether they’re using a home computer, tablet or smart phone … and using various software programs such as the new Google Chrome.
4. Improve your SEO. Search engine optimization has changed drastically in the last few years, with an emphasis on local geographic keywords, contextual searches, and fresh content all coming into play. Not only do old-school SEO techniques not work as well as they used to, but they could actually hurt your search rankings. This is a great time to freshen up your appeal to Google and the other engines using Tingalls tried and true keyword techniques.
5. Add social feeds and share buttons. If your target customer is using social media, you should be using it too. By adding social feeds and sharing buttons to your website, you give buyers another way to interact with your business. Plus, you make it easier for them to refer you to their friends and colleagues.
6. Capture visitor’s emails for an informative e-newsletter. While they’re not exactly “new” or “hot” in the world of Internet marketing, email newsletters still work. There is no better way to stay in touch with buyers and advertise sales and specials quickly, so make sure your newsletter is in place and generating consistent returns.
If your website isn’t helping you generate leads and sales, then you’re probably missing out on your biggest opportunity to win new business. Why not schedule a free consultation with our team today and see how we can help you turn your website into a cost-efficient source of new customers?
And, here’s to an amazing and productive 2015!