Tingalls 12 week internship program is perfect for graphic design students in their last semester of school or recent graduates beginning their career to enhance their personal portfolio. Our interns polish their software skills, collaborate and brainstorm with our design team, attend client meetings and teambuilders, tour local printers, and more.
And, since Tingalls hires its full time design staff from candidates who’ve completed the internship program, it’s the only way to get your foot in the door.
About our Program:
The following qualifications are required to be considered for the program:
- Students who have recently graduated with a degree in graphic design, graphic arts, or website design will be considered
- A portfolio demonstrating talent in various design layouts including logo design, stationery suites, brochures, advertising, websites, illustration, etc.
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite in Mac environment
- Self-motivated; Able to work with little design direction or supervision
- Ability to multi-task and design quickly with high attention to detail
What you will gain:
- At least one full design suite including redesigned logo, print collateral, website design, social media, and more (see samples below)
- Enhanced skills with Adobe Creative Suite
- Learn about the design process in a professional (and fun!) office atmosphere
- Tour local print firms and learn about the prepress/printing process
- Professional headshot
Compensation: Our internships are paid up to 12 hours per week; Monday through Friday bewteen 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
How to Apply:
1. Complete our online skill set submission.
2. Email with the following:
- Cover letter or email with 3 reasons why you’re the best candidate for our internship.
- A VERY creative resume design.
- 5+ of your best design samples showcasing your corporate design experience.
- Any testimonials or letters of recommendation.
Testimonials from Past Interns:
“The Tingalls internship program really supplemented the knowledge and skills from school and began to develop them professionally. Extremely worth while”
– David B.
“Tara welcomes new ideas from the team and has selected her group of employees carefully, making the office that much more of an inviting environment. I looked forward to coming in and often wanted to stay longer than scheduled.”
– Hannah L.
“I liked the sense of community I felt with my co-workers, not only during team building events but also being able to receive feedback in the middle of design projects.”
– Samantha M.
“Aside from designing, I was able to also sit in on staff and client meetings. I also found it very helpful to see how documents were formatted to proof out to clients and to learn an organized filing structure.”
– Tiffany R.
Below are samples of suites completed by prior designers: