Date last modified: January 18, 2019
Tingalls Graphic Design, LLC (“Tingalls”, “we” or “our”) operates tingalls.com, a website hosted in the U.S.A. that provides information about our services including, but is not limited to, examples, testimonials, pictures, videos (the “Site”).
To access or use the Site: (a) you must be 13 years of age or older and, if under 18 or the age of majority in your jurisdiction, your use of the Site must be under the supervision of a parent or guardian or other responsible adult, and (b) you, or (where applicable) the adult supervising your use of the Site, must have the power and authority to enter into this Agreement. Tingalls reserves the right to remove commercial content at its sole discretion.
This Agreement, and any posted revision to this Agreement, shall remain in full force and effect while you are using the Site. Tingalls reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting including, without limitation, private messages, e-mails, public messages (collectively, “Messages”) by you.
3. House Rules.
When you use the Site, you may submit your user information including, among other things, your name, email address, address, telephone number, social media account handles, professional information and other information that you voluntarily submit such as contact information (e.g., when you submit an inquiry through the contact form, online calendar, schedule a free phone consultation, schedule a fifteen minute video conference or request a website quote) (“Your User Information”). You are solely responsible for any and all content, including, without limitation, text, files, images, photos, videos, audio, documents or any other materials that you submit to us through the Site or via the contact information listed on the Site (“Your Content”). Your User Information and Your Content is collectively referred to herein as “Content”). You represent and warrant that you will use the Site solely for lawful purposes in a manner consistent with this Agreement and any and all applicable laws, regulations, or other legally enforceable obligations (including contractual obligations) you may have with us and any third parties. You agree that by submitting Content to the Site, you have reviewed and understood this Agreement. You understand that you may expose yourself to liability if submitted Content or your use of the Site violates applicable law or any third-party rights.
You agree that you will not:
- Impersonate another person, use another person’s e-mail address, or misrepresent your current or former affiliation with another entity or person;
- Submit Content under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- Submit Content that you do not own or do not have the right to share;
- Violate this Agreement, the terms of any other agreements you have with us, or any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- Submit content that is defamatory, libelous, fraudulent, harassing, threatening, abusive, racist or bigoted, or is otherwise objectionable; or that you know to be false or misleading;
- Promote, endorse or further illegal activities;
- Disclose information in violation of any legally enforceable confidentiality, non-disclosure or other contractual restrictions or rights of any third party, including any current or former employers or potential employers, recruiters or potential recruiters;
- Violate the privacy, publicity, copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third-party;
- Imply a Tingalls endorsement or partnership of any kind without our express written permission;
- Introduce software or automated agents to the Site, or access the Site so as to produce multiple accounts, or to scrape, strip or mine data from the Site without our express written permission;
- “Frame”, “mirror” or otherwise incorporate part of the Site into any website, or “deep-link” to any portion of the Site without our express written permission.
- Copy, modify or create derivative works of Tingalls or any Content (excluding Your Content) without our express written permission;
- Copy or use the information, Content (excluding Your Content), or data on the Site in connection with a competitive service, as determined by Tingalls;
- Sell, resell, rent, lease, loan, trade or otherwise monetize access to the Site or any Content (excluding Your Content) without our express written permission;
- Interfere with, disrupt, modify, reverse engineer, or decompile any data or functionality of the Site;
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site;
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, corrupted files, or similar software to the Site; or
- Attempt to circumvent any security feature of the Site.
4. Proprietary Rights in Submitted Content.
Tingalls does not claim any ownership rights in the Content you submit through the Site or submit to the contact information provided on the Site. After submitting Content, you continue to retain any rights that you previously had in your Content subject to the limited non-exclusive License (defined below) herein. The license you grant to Tingalls is non-exclusive (meaning you are free to license your Content to anyone else), royalty-free (meaning that Tingalls is not required to pay you or anyone else deriving rights from the Content for its use on the Site), sublicensable (so that Tingalls is able to use its affiliates, subcontractors and other partners, including, without limitation, Internet content delivery networks and wireless carriers, to provide the Site), and worldwide (because the Internet is global in reach) (the “License”). You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise have the right to grant the License set forth above to all Content submitted through the Site or via the contact information provided on the Site. You also represent and warrant that the Content you submit does not violate any privacy rights, publicity rights, trademarks, copyrights, contract rights or other rights of any person or entity.
5. Proprietary Rights in Other’s Content on the Site.
Tingalls owns and retains all rights in the content we post to the Site and the Site itself. Our content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other laws.
6. Technical Use of Content.
Tingalls performs technical functions necessary to operate The Site including, but not limited to, the technical processing and transmission of messages and transcoding and reformatting Content to allow its use throughout the Site
7. Messages from Tingalls.
You agree and acknowledge that Tingalls may send Messages including, without limitation, notifications of any changes to the website or this Agreement in addition to, special offers, promotions, commercial advertisements, and marketing materials in connection with the Site.
8. Prohibited Activities.
The following are examples of activities that are illegal or prohibited on the Site. Tingalls reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Tingalls’ sole discretion, violates this provision, including, without limitation, reporting such activity to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- Circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person in circumventing or modifying any security technology or software that is part of the Site;
- Activity that involves the use of viruses, bots, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network;
- Modifying, copying, distributing, downloading, scraping or transmitting in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, any content from the Site other than your Content which you legally submit;
- Providing or using “tracking” or monitoring functionality in connection with the Site;
- Attempting to modify or dismantle any safety features on any Site page via HTML/CSS or any other means;
- Interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected with Tingalls;
- Impersonating or attempting to impersonate Tingalls or a Tingalls employee, administrator or moderator, another User, person, or entity (including, without limitation, the use of e-mail addresses of or associated with any of the above);
- Using or distributing any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person or entity, or attempting to do the same;
- Relaying e-mail from a third-party’s mail servers without the permission of that third-party;
- Using invalid or forged headers to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted to or through Tingalls’ computer systems, or otherwise misrepresenting yourself or the source of any message or Content;
- Using any automated system, including, but not limited to, scripts or bots in order to harvest e-mail addresses or other data from the Site for the purposes of sending unsolicited or unauthorized material;
- Engaging in, either directly or indirectly, or encouraging others to engage in, click-throughs generated in any manner that could be reasonably interpreted as coercive, incentivized, misleading, malicious, or otherwise fraudulent; or
- Using the Site in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable law.
9. Third-Party Partner Services.
Partner services created by third-party developers are used to process services and provide updates, and may be additionally used on or in connection with the Site, include, without limitation, applications, websites, desktop, wireless, mobile and other services available from third-parties (“Partner Services”).
11. Disclaimers and Limitation on Liability.
The disclaimers and limitations on liability in this section apply to the maximum extent allowable under applicable law. Nothing in this section is intended to limit any rights you have which may or may not be lawfully limited. Tingalls is not responsible for and makes no warranties, express or implied, as to content. In addition, Tingalls is not responsible for any damage, injury or loss caused by using the Site or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Site or Partner Services. Inclusion of any linked website or service on the Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website or service by Tingalls. When you access these third-party sites and services, you do so at your own risk. Tingalls takes no responsibility for third-party advertisements or Partner Services that are posted on or in connection with the Site or Partner Services, nor does it take any responsibility for any goods or services provided by these third-parties and providers.
Tingalls assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, and any communication related to the Site. Tingalls is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on the Site or Partner Services or combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to users or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Site or Partner Services. Under no circumstances shall Tingalls be responsible for any loss or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Site or Partner Services, attendance at a Tingalls event, or from any Content submitted or Tingalls content posted on or through the Site or Partner Services.
The Site and Partner Services are provided “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” and Tingalls EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR QUIET ENJOYMENT. Tingalls cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Site or Partner Services. Tingalls also cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted on the Site. IN NO EVENT SHALL TINGALLS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD-PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR PARTNER SERVICES, EVEN IF TINGALLS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, TINGALLS’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO $50.00 DOLLARS.
You agree to indemnify and hold Tingalls, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, subcontractors and other partners, and their respective owners, officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees made by any third-party due to or arising out of your use of the Site in violation of this Agreement or arising from (i) a breach of this Agreement, (ii) any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and (iii) from any Content that you post on or in connection with the Site.
13. Changes to Terms.
We may revise this Agreement from time to time by publishing a newer updated version on the Site (the “Updated Agreement”). The updated Agreement will be effective upon your agreement as made on the Site. If we make a change that we believe materially reduces your rights or increases your responsibilities, we will provide notice on the Site prior to the change becoming effective. We may provide notice of revisions in other circumstances and by other means as well. Any such revisions will not apply to any claim brought prior to the effective date of the Updated Agreement incorporating such revisions. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest most up-to-date Agreement. Your continued use of the Site is subject to the most current effective version of this Agreement.
14. Governing Law.
This Agreement and any and all claims, disputes, or other legal proceedings by or between you or us including, but not limited to, any such claims or disputes that are in any way related to or arising under this Agreement or your access to or use of the Site, shall be governed by the internal laws of the State of Wisconsin without giving effect to any conflict-of-laws principles that may otherwise provide for the application of the law of another jurisdiction. Any claim, dispute, or other legal proceeding shall be brought and litigated exclusively in the state courts located within Dane County, Wisconsin or the federal courts in the Western District of Wisconsin, as appropriate, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of each of these courts for the purpose of litigating such claims or disputes.
15. Entire Agreement, Waiver, Severability and Assignment.
This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the Site.
To contact us with any questions or concerns about this Agreement, please email us at email@example.com or contact us at our mailing address: 2939 S. Fish Hatchery Road Suite 100 Madison, Wisconsin 53711.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE. I UNDERSTAND THAT NOT READING THIS AGREEMENT OR CLAIMING IGNORANCE IS NOT A DEFENSE AND I WILL BE BOUND BY ITS CONDITIONS REGARDLESS.