An Easy Way to Incorporate Social Media
Too many people shy away from using social media as a business marketing tool
because they feel it’s too difficult or it will take too much time. We think that social media should be an important part of your marketing plan and will be even more important in the future, so we’ve come up with a quick and easy way to check your social media marketing regularly without wasting a lot of time.
- Add a post about your company, a link to your blog, breaking industry news, a consumer tip, a contest, sale announcement – anything that readers will be interested in and might encourage participation.
- If you belong to any groups, check conversations and participate by adding a comment or “liking” a status.
- Add a tweet about your company, consumer tips, advertise specials, tell a “safe” joke – anything that followers will find interesting and will keep you and your company at the top of their mind.
- Use TweetDeck or Twitter Search to see if anyone has tweeted about your company. You can even set up an RSS feed to automatically send you this information once a day.
- Check status of your connections and respond to any applicable posts.
- Announce company news, blogs, events or projects as appropriate.
- Search for industry specific questions that you can respond to and expand your reach to new clients and boost your authority. You can also set up RSS feeds to your Google Reader for specific categories. Remember to ALWAYS include a link to your company website when you respond.
- Use Google Alerts to scan the internet and send you daily notices when your company name, products, key company players, etc. appear in blogs and questions. You can respond right away to be a helpful and respected leading authority or to quickly do damage control.
- Use Google Reader as another tool to check social media sites for words, names, products and other company information that crops up on Twitter, Linked In, Digg and more. This RSS feed can also be sent to you regularly.
These social media tips will help you limit the time spent on these sites to just a few minutes a day and will keep you in touch with your clients so you remain their go to business solution.
Remember to visit Tingalls Graphic Design on Facebook and “friend” us!