Social media is changing the way people communicate with each other and businesses, receive information, make purchases, and interact daily with the internet. But does your business need a Facebook page? The short answer is yes, in fact the answer is a resounding YES!
Why your Business to Business Company (B2B) needs a Facebook page?
- A Facebook page improves your company’s chance of being found by search engines
- Free advertising that reaches people who “like” you already
- Establish a top of mind position with your Facebook community
- Another communication channel between customers and your business
- Potential clients ARE on Facebook
What ways to improve Facebook interaction?
- Enable comments, friends cant engage if they can’t comment
- Well spaced posts, don’t inundate friends so they feel spammed and don’t ignore them either
- Be conversational, don’t simply offer specials and deals but use posts that encourage conversation
- Participate in conversations on your page once people start communicating
- Respond to other people’s posts, it creates a friendly “I care” feeling
What a B2B shouldn’t post on Facebook?
- Complaints or specifics about your clients
- Intimate personal details about your life or that of friends/family
- Things that may be offensive, i.e. the old standard of never discussing politics or religion over dinner (obviously if this is your business then you get an exemption here)
- Business secrets, your competition is probably watching
- Expletives or other offensive language
Starting a Facebook page for your business is a relatively easy process, its free, it doesn’t take long, and isn’t a huge time commitment if you don’t want it to be. This is a winning strategy that every B2B should take advantage of immediately.