A “GOLD NUGGET“ from the WWE Panel Discussion on “Marketing Your Message Through Social Media“. Thank you to the Panelists:
Cathy Yerges, PEAK PROFITS, LLC; Rena Ripp, Hummingbird Social Media LLC, & Barbara Samuel, ALL WRITE, LLC
1) If you are going to be on social networks, be consistent on them at least once a week with a message.
2) Have a goal in mind before you start your social media presence. Identify your target audience and what you want to share with them. It will help you choose the best social media platform to use and allow you to strategically craft your message.
3) Be a giver. Be present and helpful to your network. Think about what you can do for them. This will avoid you being thought of as pushy, spammy, or only in it for yourself. Through the laws of the universe, business will come to you naturally if you keep the focus on helping others.
4) Participate in the online discussions. It’s a great way to build the “know, like and trust” factor with your audience.
5) The power of social media is in the 2nd degree. It’s not in who you know, but who your connections know. Social media helps spread your influence and knowledge to the 2nd degree.
6) If you don’t have the time to learn how to build your brand online or maintain your social media presence, seek help from someone in the industry. He/she will be able to get you up and running in no time so you can concentrate on your core business.
7) Watch your competitors…learn what they do well and what they do poorly.
8) Why is good writing important to you and your business? You only have one chance to make a first impression, and that could be in writing
9) Whether you are preparing and email, a blog post, a Web page, or a brochure, if your material is not clearly and cleanly communicated, the opportunity to capture your potential clients will be lost.
10) Before you hit “send” or “publish”, review and edit your work. Read it aloud, or ask a trusted friend to review it for you. Better yet, write on one day and review the next.