10 Business Building Tips
As you may know, Tingalls Design has grown solely by networking and word of mouth marketing. Below are some of my best kept secrets to help build your business.
1. Be seen as a pro. Write an article about your profession and submit it to your local newspaper or neighborhood association’s newsletter.
2. Vehicle Mobile advertising. Letter your vehicle’s bumper with your website address.
3. Join forces. Contact members of your power team; vendors you regularly do business with. You may have the same niche and can share client lists.
4. Exhibit. Showcase a new product or service at an upcoming tradeshow.
5. Be generous. Offer your services for free or at a discount to non-profits. This not only helps your community but also builds goodwill.
6. Get online. Get a Facebook or LinkedIn account to spread the news about your business or specials you’re currently offering. Share your expertise.
7. And the winner is … Create a service gift certificate and bring it to the next networking event to be given out as a door prize.
8. Tap into friends and family. You never know who your next big client could be – it could be your uncle Bob! Be sure to add their companies to your general mailing list.
9. Trade. Offer to barter or trade your products for services you need (i.e. Badger Barter).
10. Network. Network. Network. Madison offers many free networking opportunities to help build word of mouth advertising. Networking opportunities in Madison provide you with a direct network of likeminded people looking to generate leads. Leverage your chamber of commerce membership, your community business groups, and industry groups.