Get Better Clarity and Focus with a Vision Board
Now that we’re well into 2018, it’s a good time to check in to see where we’re at with our goals for the year. Although it’s no longer January, there’s still plenty of time to accomplish great things!
Our team here at Tingalls recently created our annual vision boards to help us clarify, and be mindful of our goals. It was a lot of fun, and we created some truly inspiring stuff.
What exactly is a Vision Board?
More than a simple craft project, vision boarding is a tool that helps us craft the life and business we want.
“A vision board is a tool used to help clarify, concentrate and maintain focus on a specific life goal. Literally, a vision board is any sort of board on which you display images that represent whatever you want to be, do or have in your life.” — makeavisionboard.com
What’s great about a vision board, which is essentially a collage, is that it’s something you can place in a prominent spot in your home or office (or both) and easily refer to it on a daily basis. It has the potential to help you grow your business, and improve your personal life. Let’s take a look at how you can turn a few hours of your time — and a some craft supplies — into a year of accomplishment that makes goal setting fun and painless!
A vision board can be made of words, images, drawings, stickers or whatever else you want to include. You could even paint your vision board if you like.
Being Mindful is the Key
If we’re mindful when we’re creating our boards, and mindful each day when we review them, we’re filling our heads with positive input that’s both relevant and specific to us. Muhammad Ali once said, “what you are thinking about, you are becoming.” He was right.
A vision board is actually a tool that helps shape our reality. The more we align our thoughts with our goals, the more likely it is for us to act on them and ultimately accomplish them.
Before you Start
So, before you begin crafting your vision board, take some time to write down your goals. Make sure you’re clear about what you want, and why you want it. Talk about them with people you trust, and fine tune them as necessary. Your vision board can include as many goals as you like, but keeping things focused will lead to focus in your day — which is a big component of success, no matter what the goal.
Supplies for your Awesome New Vision Board
- Every person making a board will need a poster-sized piece of foam core or thick cardboard, something fairly durable.
- A collection of images, words, drawings, etc., that represents what you would like to attain. Whether it’s good health, or a healthy bank account balance, the images you choose should be meaningful, and clear, to you. Good resources for content include magazines, photo albums, Google images, and books.
- You’ll also need scissors, glue or glue stick, glitter, markers, tape, or other scrap booking supplies you might like to use.
- Most importantly, you’ll need to take that time to think about exactly what you want your business and life to look like. Without a crystal-clear vision of what you want to manifest, your vision board won’t have much value or impact.
- Have FUN! Don’t worry if it’s not perfect. It’s about your intention, not perfection.
Wishing you a successful 2018!